It is an obvious fact that Microsoft Outlook has established great popularity among organizations and business users. While anyone thinks of using an email client, MS Outlook is the first name that comes in users’ minds. Because it can manage all the activities on a single platform. However, in some cases, users face an error in Outlook that stops the business activities and workflow in between. One of the most common errors is Outlook Error 0x8004060c, you can see it below:
In this blog post, we are going to resolve Outlook Error 0x8004060C manually. Before going deep into this, let us understand the main reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
- 1 Reasons for the Occurrence of Outlook Error 0x8004060C
- 2 LIST OF MANUAL METHODS TO FIX OUTLOOK ERROR 0x8004060C
- 3 Method 1. Empty Deleted Items folder
- 4 Method 2. Delete Duplicate Emails
- 5 Method 3. Restore the Emails
- 6 Method 4. Archive Folder of Outlook
- 7 PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION TO FIX OUTLOOK ERROR 0x8004060C
- 8 Final Verdict
Reasons for the Occurrence of Outlook Error 0x8004060C
The main causes behind this error are physical & logical corruption issues that occur in Microsoft Outlook or other related applications. Some of them are listed below:
- Corruption in Outlook OST or PST files
- Connection breakdown of the Exchange Server
- Maybe the Outlook data exceeds its limit
- Synchronization problem between Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook
- Also, virus and trojan attacks can lead to corruption in files
LIST OF MANUAL METHODS TO FIX OUTLOOK ERROR 0x8004060C
After understanding the various causes of error 0x8004060C in Outlook 2010, it is pretty much sure that oversized PST file is the major reason that makes Outlook vulnerable to such error. So, it becomes necessary to repair MS Outlook data files. Thus, in this section of the article, various manual solutions to resolve Outlook Error 0x8004060C are discussed.
Method 1. Empty Deleted Items folder
Most of the time, over-grown Deleted Items folders also takes so much of storage space total Outlook file. Thus, it is time to empty the deleted item folder first. There are to ways to perform this procedure, as:
- First, right-click on the Deleted Items folder.
- Now choose the Empty Folder option to clear it properly.
- Go to File > Options > Advanced
- And then go to the Outlook start menu and close the section.
- After that verify the ‘Empty Deleted Items folders while exiting Outlook’ checkbox.
- In last, click on the OK button to save all the changes that you have made.
Method 2. Delete Duplicate Emails
A copy of each and every email that you forward maintained in the Inbox & Sent Items folder by default. Because of this, the copied emails take too much space in Outlook. So, you need to delete duplicate Outlook emails in order to free some space in Outlook. There are one manual and one automatic method present to delete duplicate emails:
- Go to the Sent Items folder and Sort it by
- Now, to complete the task, click on the header.
- Go to File > Options > Save Message section
- And then click on the Send Section and uncheck the ‘Save a copy of forwarded message’ checkbox.
- In last, click the OK button to save the changes.
Method 3. Restore the Emails
Another method that a user can use restores individual emails in multiple formats at a different location. In addition, you can save the attachment at the same location only for future reference. Now, to do so you need to right-click on the email and select Save As option. After that, choose the needed format to save the file and click on the Save button.
Method 4. Archive Folder of Outlook
- Go to the File tab and select the Cleanup Tools
- Then, click the Archive option and choose the folder that you want to archive.
- Now, choose the older than date
- In last, click on the Browse button and choose the location of your choice and mention the file name also, then click
Most of the time Outlook Error 0x8004060C can be easily fixed by following any of the above-mentioned procedures. But the methods consume time to accomplish the task, so it would better to take the help of third-party software.
PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION TO FIX OUTLOOK ERROR 0x8004060C
If a user wants to accelerate the process of fixing PST files then the user must take the help of a third-party Outlook PST Repair that is capable of restoring and splitting PST files in the desired size. It is the tool that removes all types of corruption Outlook PST files without any hassle in just a number of clicks. Moreover, provides an easy user interface that anyone can use it without any external help.
In this article, we focused on the methods to fix Outlook Error 0x8004060C. Also the reasons behind the error occurrence, various manual solutions are discussed. One can try all of them in order to have a satisfactory result. However, in order to have a fast and effortless solution one can go for a third-party tool also suggested above i.e. Outlook PST Repair.